Unpacking a QFX5110
The QFX5110 is a rigid sheet-metal structure that houses the hardware components. A QFX5110 is shipped in a cardboard carton, secured with foam packing material. The carton also contains an accessory box and a Documentation Roadmap card.
The QFX5110 is maximally protected inside the shipping carton. Do not unpack the switch until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack a QFX5110:
- Move the shipping carton to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, but where you have enough room to remove the system components.
- Position the carton so that the arrows are pointing up.
- Open the top flaps on the shipping carton.
- Remove the accessory box and verify the contents against the inventory included in the box. Table 1 lists the inventory of components supplied with a QFX5110.
- Pull out the packing material holding the switch in place.
- Verify the chassis components received:
Two power supplies
Five fan modules
The QFX5110-32Q-CHAS is shipped without power supplies or fan modules.
- Save the shipping carton and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the switch later.
Table 1: Inventory of Components Supplied with a QFX5110
Power supplies (650 W)
AC systems ship with 2 country-specific C13 power cables.
Four-post rack mount kit
RJ-45 cable and RJ-45 to DB-9 adapter
Rack mount assembly drawing
Documentation roadmap card