Removing a QFX3600 or QFX3600-I Device from a Rack or Cabinet
If you need to relocate an installed QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device, use the procedure described in this topic. (The remainder of this topic uses “rack” to mean “rack or cabinet.”)
When you remove multiple devices from a rack, remove the device in the top of the rack first and proceed to remove the rest of the devices from top to bottom.
Before removing a QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device from a rack:
Ensure that the rack is stable and secured to the building.
Ensure that there is enough space to place the removed QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device in its new location and along the path to the new location.
Ensure that the QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device has been safely powered off (see Powering Off a QFX3600 Device) and that you have unplugged (disconnected) the power cords.
Ensure that you have disconnected any cables or wires attached to the QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device ports.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
A Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2 or number 3, depending on the size of your rack mounting screws, for mounting the QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device on the rack.
To remove a QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device from a rack or cabinet:
- Have one person support the weight of the device while another person uses the screwdriver to remove the mounting screws that attach the chassis front-mounting or mid-mounting brackets to the rack or cabinet.
- Remove the QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device from the rack or cabinet.
- If you installed the chassis on a four-post rack using the installation blades, use the screwdriver to remove the mounting screws that attach the installation blades to the rear of the rack.
- Save the removed screws and installation blades. You will need them when you reinstall the chassis.
- Transport the QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device to your desired new location.