Packing a QFX3600 or QFX3600-I Device or Component for Shipping
If you are returning a QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device or component to Juniper Networks for repair or replacement, pack the item as described in this topic.
Before you pack a QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device or component:
Ensure that you have taken the necessary precautions to prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
Retrieve the original shipping carton and packing materials. Contact your JTAC representative if you do not have these materials, to learn about approved packing materials. See Contacting Customer Support to Obtain a Return Materials Authorization for a QFX Series Device or Component.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
ESD grounding strap.
Antistatic bag, one for each component.
If you are returning the chassis, an appropriate screwdriver for the mounting screws used on your rack or cabinet.
Packing a QFX3600 or QFX3600-I Device for Shipping
To pack a QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device for shipping:
- Power down the device and remove the power cables. See Powering Off a QFX3600 Device.
- Remove the cables that connect the QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device to all external devices.
- Remove all field-replaceable units (FRUs) from the device.
- Have one person support the weight of the device while another person unscrews and removes the mounting screws.
- Remove the device from the rack or cabinet (see Chassis Lifting Guidelines for a QFX3600 or QFX3600-I Device) and place the device in an antistatic bag.
- Place the device in the shipping carton.
- Place the packing foam on top of and around the device.
- If you are returning accessories or FRUs with the device, pack them as instructed in Packing QFX3600 or QFX3600-I Device Components for Shipping.
- Replace the accessory box on top of the packing foam.
- Close the top of the cardboard shipping box and seal it with packing tape.
- Write the RMA number on the exterior of the box to ensure proper tracking.
Packing QFX3600 or QFX3600-I Device Components for Shipping
Do not stack device components. Return individual components in separate boxes if they do not fit together on one level in the shipping box.
To pack and ship QFX3600 or QFX3600-I device components:
Place individual FRUs in antistatic bags.
Ensure that the components are adequately protected with packing materials and packed so that the pieces are prevented from moving around inside the carton.
Close the top of the cardboard shipping box and seal it with packing tape.
Write the RMA number on the exterior of the box to ensure proper tracking.