Unpacking a QFX3500 Device
The QFX3500 device chassis is a rigid sheet-metal structure that houses the hardware components. A QFX3500 device is shipped in a cardboard carton, secured with foam packing material. The carton also contains an accessory box and quick start instructions.
QFX3500 devices are maximally protected inside the shipping carton. Do not unpack the device until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack a QFX3500 device:
- Move the shipping carton to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, but where you have enough room to remove the system components.
- Position the carton so that the arrows are pointing up.
- Open the top flaps on the shipping carton.
- Remove the accessory box and verify the contents against the inventory included in the box. Table 1 lists the inventory of components supplied with a QFX3500 device.
- Pull out the packing material holding the device in place.
- Verify the chassis components received:
Two fan trays
One or two power supplies, depending on your order. If only one power supply is installed, a blank panel should be installed on the second power supply slot.
- Save the shipping carton and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the device later.
Table 1: Inventory of Components Supplied with a QFX3500 Device
Chassis with management board, two fan trays, and one or two power supplies
Rear installation blades
RJ-45 cable and RJ-45 to DB-9 adapter
SFP/SFP+ port dust covers
QSFP+ port dust covers
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap