Removing a QFX3500 Device from a Rack or Cabinet
If you need to relocate an installed QFX3500 device, use the procedure described in this topic. (The remainder of this topic uses “rack” to mean “rack or cabinet.” )
When you remove multiple devices from a rack, remove the device in the top of the rack first and proceed to remove the rest of the devices from top to bottom.
Before removing a QFX3500 device from a rack:
Ensure that the rack is stable and secured to the building.
Ensure that there is enough space to place the removed QFX3500 device in its new location and along the path to the new location.
Ensure that the QFX3500 device has been safely powered off (see Powering Off a QFX3500 Device) and that you have unplugged (disconnected) the power cords.
Ensure that you have disconnected any cables or wires attached to the QFX3500 device ports.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
A Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2 or number 3, depending on the size of your rack mounting screws, for mounting the QFX3500 device on the rack.
To remove a QFX3500 device from a rack or cabinet:
- Have one person support the weight of the device while another person uses the screwdriver to remove the mounting screws that attach the chassis front-mounting brackets to the rack or cabinet.
- Remove the QFX3500 device from the rack or cabinet.
- Use the screwdriver to remove the mounting screws that attach the mounting blades attached to the rear of the rack or cabinet.
- Place the removed screws and mounting blades in a labeled bag. You will need them when you reinstall the chassis.
- Transport the QFX3500 device to your desired new location.