Removing a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device from a Rack or Cabinet
If you want to move an installed QFX3008-I Interconnect device to another location, you need to remove it from the rack or cabinet in which it is installed. An installed device rests on the mounting shelf. In a four-post rack, the front-mounting brackets (“ears”) attached to the chassis are bolted to the rack. In a two-post rack, the mid-mounting brackets (“ears”) attached to the chassis are bolted to the rack.
When you remove multiple devices from a rack or cabinet, remove the device in the top of the rack or cabinet first and proceed to remove the rest of the switches from top to bottom.
Before removing a QFX3008-I Interconnect device from a rack or a cabinet:
Ensure that the rack or cabinet is stable and secured to the building.
Ensure that there is enough space to place the removed device in its new location and along the path to the new location.
Read General Safety Guidelines and Warnings, with particular attention to Chassis Lifting Guidelines for a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
Ensure that the device has been safely powered off (see Powering Off a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device) and that you have unplugged (disconnected) the power cords. Remove three-phase wiring trays from the chassis and move them separately, leaving the power cords attached to the wiring trays (see Removing a Wiring Tray from a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device).
Ensure that you have disconnected any cables or wires attached to the device.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to remove the switch:
A Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2. You might also need a number 3 Phillips (+) screwdriver, depending on the size of your rack mounting screws.
A mechanical lift rated for at least 750 lb (340.2 kg). If you do not have a lift rated for 750 lb (341 kg), you must remove all components from the chassis and use a lift rated for at least 250 lb (114 kg). The weight of an empty QFX3008-I Interconnect device and midplane is approximately 205 lb (93 kg).
Because of the QFX3008-I Interconnect device size and weight, we require the use of a mechanical lift to install the QFX3008-I Interconnect device in a rack or cabinet or to move the device from one location to another.
The handles on the QFX3008-I Interconnect device are designed to help maneuver the chassis from the mechanical lift to the mounting shelves in the rack. Do not attempt to lift the chassis using the handles.
To remove a QFX3008-I Interconnect device from a rack or cabinet:
- Use the appropriate Phillips (+) screwdriver to remove the mounting screws that attach the chassis front-mounting brackets to the rack or cabinet.
- Place the removed screws in a labeled bag. You will need them when you reinstall the chassis.
- Move the lift to the rack and position it so that its platform is centered about 0.5 in. (1.27 cm) below the bottom of the device chassis and as close to it as possible.
- Carefully slide the device from the mounting shelves attached to the rack onto the lift.
- Use the number 2 Phillips (+) screwdriver to remove the mounting hardware from the rack.
- Use the lift to transport the device to its new location.