Powering On a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device
Before you power on the QFX3008-I Interconnect device, ensure that:
You understand how to protect the device from electrostatic damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
You have connected the QFX3008-I Interconnect device to the QFabric system control plane and management network. See QFX3000-G QFabric System Installation Overview.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to power on the device:
An electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap.
To power on the device:
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to the ESD point on the chassis.
- Ensure that the power supplies are fully inserted in the chassis.
- Ensure that the source power cords are installed correctly for each wiring tray, and the wiring trays are fully inserted in the chassis.
- Switch on the site circuit breakers.
- Set a wiring tray’s switch to the ON (|) position. Observe the power supply and wiring tray faceplate LEDs. If the wiring trays are installed correctly and functioning normally, the LEDs light green and remain constantly lit.
- Repeat Step 5 for the second wiring tray installed in the device.