QFX3000-G QFabric System Installation Overview
A QFX3000-G QFabric system is formed by interconnecting QFX3500, QFX3600, and QFX5100 Node devices, QFX3008-I Interconnect devices, and QFX3100 Director devices. Two Virtual Chassis, composed of four EX4200 switches each, are used to interconnect the control plane and management network. For more information about the role of each device in the QFX3000-G QFabric system see Understanding QFX3000-G QFabric System Hardware Configurations.
Before you begin to install the QFX3000-G QFabric system:
Read General Safety Guidelines and Warnings, with particular attention to Chassis Lifting Guidelines for a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
Review Planning a QFX3000-G QFabric System Deployment and the topics it references. The installation should not begin until you have completed the site preparation checklists for each device type:
To install a QFX3000-G QFabric system:
- Install all the devices in their permanent location, connect the devices to earth ground, and connect power to the devices. See:
- Ensure that each Node device is set to Node device mode.
By default, the devices work as standalone switches. You perform this
step using the console (
CON) port on each Node device. Leave the Node devices powered on. See Converting the Device Mode for a QFabric System Component.
- Cable two Virtual Chassis of four EX4200 switches each. See Understanding Virtual Chassis Hardware Configuration on an EX4200 Switch and Virtual Chassis Cabling Configuration Examples for EX4200 Switches.
- Interconnect the two Virtual Chassis using the 10-Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ uplink ports. These ports will later be configured in a LAG. See Interconnecting Two Virtual Chassis for Copper-Based QFX3000-G QFabric System Control Plane Redundancy.
- Interconnect the two QFX3100 Director devices for control plane redundancy. See Connecting QFX3100 Director Devices in a Director Group.
- Connect each QFX Series device to each Virtual Chassis
for control plane interconnection. See:
- Connect each Node device to each QFX3008-I Interconnect Device for data plane interconnection. See:
- Configure each Virtual Chassis using the recommended configuration described in Example: Configuring the Virtual Chassis for a Copper-Based QFX3000-G QFabric System Control Plane. Leave the Virtual Chassis powered on.
- Power on each QFX3008-I Interconnect device. See Powering On a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
- Power on the QFX3100 Director devices and complete the initial configuration for the QFX3000-G QFabric system described in Performing the QFabric System Initial Setup on a QFX3100 Director Group.