Removing a QFX10002 from a Rack
If you need to relocate an installed QFX10002 device, use the procedure described in this topic.
When you remove multiple devices from a rack, remove the device in the top of the rack first and proceed to remove the rest of the devices from top to bottom to avoid toppling the rack.
Before removing a QFX10002 from a rack:
Ensure that the rack is stable and secured to the building.
Ensure that there is enough space to place the removed QFX10002 in its new location and along the path to the new location.
Powered off the device, see Powering Off a QFX10002.
Disconnect the power cords.
Ensure that you have disconnected any cables or wires attached to the QFX10002 switch ports.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
A Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2 or number 3, depending on the size of your rack mounting screws, for mounting the QFX10002 on the rack.
To remove a QFX10002 from a rack or cabinet:
- Position a mechanical lift under the device. If a mechanical lift is not available, have two people support the weight of the switch while another person uses the screwdriver to remove the front mounting screws that attach the chassis mounting brackets to the rack or cabinet.
- Remove the QFX10002 from the rack.
- Use the screwdriver to remove the mounting screws that attach the mounting blades attached to the rear of the rack or cabinet.
- Place the removed screws and mounting blades in a labeled bag. You will need them when you reinstall the chassis.
- Transport the QFX10002 to your desired new location.