PTX10016 Installation Overview
The PTX10016 is a rigid sheet-metal router-chassis that houses the other hardware components such as Control Boards, Switch Interface Boards (SIBs), power supplies, fan trays, and line cards. The router chassis ships in a cardbox box that has a two-layer wooden pallet base. The router chassis is bolted to the pallet base. You can install a PTX10016 router in a standard 19 in. (483 mm) equipment rack by using the supplied rack-mounting kit and the front-mounting bracket that is attached to the chassis.
The steps to install the PTX10016 are:
- Unpack the router following the instructions in Unpacking the PTX10016.
- Mount the chassis in the rack following the instructions
in Mounting a PTX10016 in a Four-Post Rack Using a Mechanical Lift.
Because of the weight of the chassis, manual mounting is not recommended.
- Install the line cards following the instructions in Installing a PTX10000 Line Card.
- Connect the chassis to earth ground following the instructions in Connecting Earth Ground to a PTX10000.
- Connect power to the power supplies following either the instructions in Connecting AC Power to a PTX10000Connecting DC Power to a PTX10000.
- Connect to the network.
To connect the router to a network for out-of-band management, follow instructions in Connecting a PTX10000 to a Network for Out-of-Band Management.
To connect the router to a management console, follow instructions in Connecting a Device to a Management Console by Using an RJ-45 Connector.
- Configure the router, following the instructions in Configuring a PTX10000 .
- Install optional equipment such as the cable management system. See Installing the PTX10000 Cable Management System.