PTX10004 Installation Overview
The PTX10004 is a rigid sheet-metal router-chassis that houses the other hardware components such as the Routing and Control boards (RCBs), Switch Interface Boards (SIBs), power supplies, fan trays, and line cards. The router chassis ships in a cardboard box that has a two-layer wooden pallet base. The router chassis is bolted to the pallet base. You can install a PTX10004 router in a standard 19-in. (483-mm) equipment rack by using the supplied rack mount kit and the flange that is attached to the chassis.
Perform the following steps to install the PTX10004:
- Unpack the router following the instructions in Unpack the PTX10004 Shipping Pallet.
- Mount the chassis in the rack following the instructions
in eitherMount a PTX10004 in a Four-Post Rack Using a Mechanical Lift or Manually Mount a PTX10004 in a Four-Post Rack.
Because of the weight of the chassis, mounting using a mechanical lift is preferred as the easiest and safest method.
- Install the line cards following the instructions in Install a PTX10004 Line Card.
- Connect the chassis to earth ground following the instructions in Connect the PTX10004 Router to Earth Ground.
- Connect power to the power supplies following the instructions in Connect the PTX10004 to Power.
- Install the ESD front door following the instructions in Install the Front Door on a PTX10004.
- Connect to the network.
To connect the router to a network for out-of-band management, follow instructions in Connect a PTX10004 Router to a Network for Out-of-Band Management.
To connect the router to a management console, follow instructions in Connect a PTX10004 Router to a Management Console.
- Configure the router following the instructions in Perform the Initial Configuration for the PTX10004.
- Install optional equipment such as the cable management system. See Install the PTX10004 Cable Management System.