Powering On a Three-Phase AC-Powered MX2008 Router
The MX2008, MX2010, and MX2020 routers support the same power modules (AC/DC PSMs and AC/DC PDMs).
You can use this procedure for a router with either a three-phase delta AC power distribution module (PDM) or a three-phase wye AC PDM.
- Verify that the power supply modules (PSMs) are fully inserted in the chassis and that the captive screws on their faceplates are tightened.
- Verify that the PDMs are fully inserted in the chassis and that the captive screws on their faceplates are tightened.
- Verify that each AC power cable is properly connected.
- Verify that an external management device is connected
to one of the Routing Engine ports on the RCB (
The management Ethernet port is not functional until you have completed the initial configuration.
- Turn on power to the external management device.
- Switch on the dedicated customer-site circuit breakers to provide power to the AC power cables. Follow your site’s procedures.
- Verify that the LEDs on both PDM and PSM light green steadily.
If any of the status LEDs indicates that the PDM is not functioning normally, repeat the installation and cabling procedures.
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Move the power switch on one of the PSMs to the on (
|) position. The
OKLED blinks momentarily, then lights steadily.
After a PSM and a PDM are powered on, it can take up to 60 seconds for status indicators—such as the output status LEDs on the PSM, and the command output on the craft interface—to indicate that the PSM and PDM are functioning normally. Ignore error indicators that appear during the first 60 seconds.
- Verify that the
PWR OKLED on the AC PSM faceplate is lit steadily, indicating that PDM is correctly installed, functioning properly, and providing power to the AC outputs.
- On the external management device connected to the Routing Engine, monitor the startup process to verify that the system has booted properly.
- Verify that the router powers up and goes through the system initialization process.