Removing a Power Supply from a QFX3100 Director Device (includes video)
The AC power supply in a QFX3100 Director device is a hot-removable and hot-insertable field-replaceable unit (FRU) located on the far right side of the rear panel. Two AC power supplies can be installed in a QFX3100 Director device. You can remove and replace a single AC power supply without powering off the QFX3100 Director device or disrupting QFX3100 Director device functions.
Before you remove an AC power supply from the QFX3100 Director device:
Ensure that you understand how to prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to remove an AC power supply from a QFX3100 Director device:
ESD grounding strap
Antistatic bag or antistatic mat
Replacement power supply for the power supply slot
To remove an AC power supply from a QFX3100 Director device (see Figure 1):
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to a site ESD point.
- Remove the power cord from the AC appliance inlet on the AC power supply faceplate.
- Push the power supply faceplate ejector lever to the right while pulling the power supply away from the QFX3100 Director device to release the latch. Stop pulling the power supply once the lever is released.
- Taking care not to touch power supply components, pins, leads, or solder connections, place one hand under the power supply to support it. Grasp the power supply handle with your other hand and pull the power supply completely out of the chassis.
- Place the power supply in the antistatic bag or on the antistatic mat.