Installing a Power Supply in a QFX3100 Director Device (includes video)
The AC power supply in a QFX3100 Director device is a hot-removable and hot-insertable field-replaceable unit (FRU) located on the far right side of the rear panel. Two AC power supplies are installed in a QFX3100 Director device. You can remove and replace a single AC power supply without powering off the QFX3100 Director device or disrupting QFX3100 Director device functions.
Before you install an AC power supply in the QFX3100 Director device:
Ensure that you understand how to prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to install an AC power supply:
ESD grounding strap
Each AC power supply must be connected to a dedicated AC power source outlet.
To install an AC power supply in the QFX3100 Director device (see Figure 1):
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to a site ESD point.
- If the power supply slot has a power supply in it that needs to be removed, remove the power supply. See Removing a Power Supply from a QFX3100 Director Device (includes video).
- Taking care not to touch power supply components, pins, leads, or solder connections, remove the power supply from its bag.
- Using one hand on the faceplate handle and the other hand on the bottom of the power supply to support its weight, gently slide the power supply straight into the power supply slot until the power supply reaches a point where backpressure prevents the power supply from pushing forward; do not force the power supply fully into the slot at this point of the procedure.
- Use your thumb to move the ejector lever at the top of the power supply faceplate to the right, and push the power supply flush into the back of the chassis. Release the latch.