Removing an AC Power Supply from a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device
The AC power supply in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device is a hot-insertable and hot-removable field-replaceable unit (FRU). Six AC power supplies are installed in the chassis. All power supplies install in the rear of the chassis in the slots provided at the bottom. See Slot Numbering for a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
Before you remove an AC power supply from the device, ensure that you understand how to prevent ESD damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to remove an AC power supply from a QFX3008-I Interconnect device:
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 1
Replacement power supply
Do not leave the power supply slot empty while the device is operational. Replace the power supply promptly.
To remove an AC power supply from a QFX3008-I Interconnect device (see Figure 1):
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to the ESD point on the chassis.
- Unscrew the captive screw, located at the top of each power supply, counter-clockwise using your fingers. If you cannot easily unscrew the captive screw with your fingers, use the screwdriver.
- Pull the captive screw away from the faceplate of the power supply to release the latch.
- Pull the handle away from the faceplate of the power supply until it is perpendicular to the faceplate.
- Taking care not to touch power supply components, pins, leads, or solder connections, place one hand under the power supply to support it. Grasp the power supply handle with your other hand and pull the power supply completely out of the chassis.