Installing an AC Power Supply in a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device
The AC power supply in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device is a hot-insertable and hot-removable field-replaceable unit (FRU). Six AC power supplies are installed in the chassis. All power supplies install in the rear of the chassis in the slots provided at the bottom. See Slot Numbering for a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
Before you install an AC power supply in the device, ensure that you understand how to prevent ESD damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to install an AC power supply in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device:
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 1
To install an AC power supply in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device (see Figure 1):
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to the ESD point on the chassis.
- Taking care not to touch power supply components, pins, leads, or solder connections, remove the power supply from its bag.
- Unscrew the captive screw, located at the top of each power supply, counterclockwise using your fingers. If you cannot easily unscrew the captive screw with your fingers, use the screwdriver.
- Pull the handle away from the faceplate of the power supply until it is perpendicular to the faceplate.
- Using both hands, place the power supply in the power supply slot on the rear of the device. Slide the power supply straight into the chassis until the power supply is fully seated in the slot. Ensure that the power supply faceplate is flush with any adjacent power supply faceplates.
- Push the captive screw into the power supply faceplate. Ensure that the screw is seated inside the corresponding hole on the faceplate.
- Tighten the captive screw using your fingers. When the screw is completely tight, the latch locks into the device chassis.