Connecting an MX960 AC Power Supply Cord
To connect the AC power cord:
- Locate a replacement power cord with the type of plug appropriate for your geographical location (see AC Power Cord Specifications for the MX960 Router).
- Plug the replacement power cord into the corresponding appliance inlet located in the chassis directly above the power supply.
- Insert the power cord plug into an external AC power source
Each power supply must be connected to a dedicated AC power feed and a dedicated customer site circuit breaker. We recommend that you use a 15 A (250 VAC) minimum, or as required by local code.
- Dress the power cord appropriately. Verify that the power cord does not block the air exhaust and access to router components, or drape where people could trip on it.
- Move the AC input switch in the chassis above the power
supply to the on (
—)position and observe the status LEDs on the power supply faceplate. If the power supply is correctly installed and functioning normally, the
DC OKLEDs light steadily, and the
PS FAILLED is not lit.