Unpacking the MX960 Router
The router is shipped in a wooden crate. A wooden pallet forms the base of the crate. The router chassis is bolted to this pallet. Quick Start installation instructions and a cardboard accessory box are also included in the shipping crate.
The shipping container measures 33 in. (83.8 cm) high, 30.25 in. (76.8 cm) wide, and 43.25 in. (109.9 cm) deep. The total weight of the container containing the router and accessories can range from 270 lb (122.5 kg) to 475 lb (215.5 kg).
The router is maximally protected inside the shipping crate. Do not unpack it until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack the router (see Figure 1):
- Move the shipping crate to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, where you have enough room to remove the components from the chassis. While the chassis is bolted to the pallet, you can use a forklift or pallet jack to move it.
- Position the shipping crate with the arrows pointing up.
- Open all the latches on the shipping crate.
- Remove the front door of the shipping crate cover and set it aside.
- Slide the remainder of the shipping crate cover off the pallet.
- Remove the foam covering the top of the router.
- Remove the accessory box and the Quick Start installation instructions.
- Verify the parts received against the lists.
- Remove the vapor corrosion inhibitor (VCI) packs attached to the pallet, being careful not to break the VCI packs open.
- To remove the brackets holding the chassis on the pallet, use a 1/2-in. socket wrench and a number 2 Phillips screwdriver to remove the bolts and screws from the brackets.
- Store the brackets and bolts inside the accessory box.
- Save the shipping crate cover, pallet, and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the router at a later time.