Installing the MX960 Mounting Hardware for Front-Mounting in an Open-Frame Rack
Before front-mounting the router in an open-frame rack, install the large mounting shelf on the rack, and remove the mounting brackets from the chassis. The small mounting shelf is not needed.
Table 1 specifies
the holes in which you insert screws to install the mounting hardware
in an open-frame rack (an
X indicates a
mounting hole location). The hole distances are relative to one of
the standard U divisions on the rack. For reference, the bottom of
all mounting shelves is at 0.04 in. (0.02 U) above
a U division.
Table 1: Mounting Hardware Hole Locations for Front-Mounting in an Open-Frame Rack
Distance Above U Division
17.26 in. (43.8 cm)
15.51 in. (39.4 cm)
13.76 in. (34.9 cm)
12.01 in. (30.5 cm)
10.26 in. (26.0 cm)
8.51 in. (21.6 cm)
6.76 in. (17.1 cm)
5.01 in. (12.7 cm)
3.26 in. (8.3 cm)
1.51 in. (3.8 cm)
0.88 in. (2.2 cm)
0.25 in. (0.6 cm)
To install the large mounting shelf (see Figure 1):
- On the rear of each rack rail, install cage nuts, if needed, in the holes specified in Table 1 for the large shelf.
- Partially insert a mounting screw into the highest hole specified in Table 1.
- Hange the shelf over the mounting screws using the keyhole slots located near the top of the large shelf flanges.
- Partially insert screws into the open holes in the flanges of the large shelf.
- Tighten all the screws completely.
After the mounting hardware is installed, proceed to Installing the MX960 Router Using a Mechanical Lift.