Installing an MX240 Router Overview
To install the MX240 router:
- Prepare your installation site as described in MX240 Site Preparation Checklist.
- Review the safety guidelines and warnings.
- Unpack the router and verify the parts.
- Install the mounting hardware.
- Lift the router on to the rack. Because of the weight of the router, we recommend that you use a mechanical lift.
- Connect cables to the network and external devices as described in Connecting the MX240 Router to Management and Alarm Devices.
- Connect the grounding cable as described in Grounding the MX240 Router.
- Connect the AC power cord or DC power cables:
- Power on the router:
- Perform the initial system configuration as described in Initially Configuring the MX240 Router.