MX204 Installation Overview
To install the router:
- Prepare your installation site.
- Review the safety guidelines and warnings:
- Unpack the router and verify the parts:
- (Optional) Remove
components from the MX204 router chassis before Installing It in a
See individual topics listed in Removing, Installing, and Upgrading Components for removing components.
- Install the router in the rack.
- (Optional; Required only if you have
removed the components from the router in step 4) Reinstall components in the MX204 router after installing
the chassis in a rack.
See individual topics listed in Removing, Installing, and Upgrading Components for installing components.
- Connect cables to the network and external devices.
- Connect the grounding cable.
- Connect the AC power cord or DC power cables:
- Power on the router:
- Perform the initial system configuration.