Securing the MX2010 Router to the Router Transport Platform
To secure the router to the router transport platform:
- Ensure that the rack is in its permanent location and is secured to the building. Ensure that the installation site allows adequate clearance for router transport kit turn ratios, airflow, and maintenance.
- Using the shipping crate door as a ramp, secure the door
to the crate platform by using the two metal latches (see Figure 1).
An empty MX2010 weighs approximately 324 lb (146.96 kg).
- Using a two-person team on either side of the chassis,
turn the handles on the router transport four or five times until
the chassis is raised approximately 1 in. (2.54 cm), making
sure that the chassis is level.
The router transport kit is equipped with four T-shaped levels on top of each of the four router transport mounting brackets. Make sure the bubbles within the T-shaped levels are between the lines, indicating the chassis is level.
Do not raise the chassis above 1 in. (2.54 cm). This ensures that the router will not tilt when transporting, which can result in injury or damage to the router.
- Turn the four wheels on the router transport kit toward the rear of the chassis.
- Grasping the handles on the shipping covers, carefully
guide the chassis down the crate ramp to the rack location.
Do not push or pull the router fast during transporting. Using excessive speed can cause the wheels to turn abruptly and tilt the router over.
Do not lift the router by using the handles on the shipping covers. Use these handles only to help position the router.
- Position the router transport platform directly under
the router, aligning the router transport platform with the bottom
of the chassis by adjusting the four leveling mounts.
The router transport platform height can be adjusted between 0.25 in. (0.6 cm) and a maximum of 4 in. (10.16 cm).
- Secure the router transport platform to the router transport mounting plates by using the four latch locks (see Figure 2).