Powering On the High-Voltage Powered Universal (HVAC/HVDC) MX2000 Router
To power on a high-voltage second-generation universal (HVAC/HVDC) powered router:
- Verify that an external management device is connected
to one of the Routing Engine ports on the Control Board and Routing
Engine (CB-RE) (
- Turn on the power to the external management device.
- Verify that the PDMs are fully inserted in the chassis.
- Verify that the source power cables are connected to the PDM power cable.
- Switch on the dedicated customer site circuit breakers to provide power to the AC or DC power cables. Follow your site’s procedures.
- Check that the input labeled LEDs are lit green steadily,
indicating the PDMs are installed and functioning normally.
Nine input LEDs indicate proper voltage level and polarity of input feeds.
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- For each of the universal (HVAC/HVDC) PDMs installed,
switch the AC or DC circuit breaker at the power source, moving it
to the (
- On each of the universal (HVAC/HVDC) PSMs, move the switch
to the on (
- Verify that the
PWR OKLED is lit green steadily, indicating the PSM is correctly installed and functioning normally.
After a PSM is powered on, it can take up to 60 seconds for status indicators—such as the status LEDs on the PSM and the show chassis command display—to indicate that the PSM is functioning normally. Ignore error indicators that appear during the first 60 seconds.
If any of the status LEDs indicates that the PSM is not functioning normally, repeat the installation and cabling procedures.
- Verify that the
INP1LEDs on the PSM are lit green steadily if using two feeds.
The DIP switches
1must be set to the
ONposition for a two feed installation.
- On the external management device connected to the Control
Board and Routing Engine (CB-RE), monitor the startup process to verify
that the system has booted properly.
If the system is completely powered off when you power on the PSM, the Routing Engine boots as the PSM completes its startup sequence. Normally, the router boots from the Junos OS on the CompactFlash card.
To power off the system after the Routing Engine finishes booting, see Powering Off the AC-Powered or Universal HVAC/HVDC-Powered MX2000 Router.
- Verify the MX2000 router power up, system initialization, and status, see Initially Configuring the MX2020 Router, Initially Configuring the MX2010 Router, or Initially Configuring the MX2008 Router.