Preparing the Site for the MX104 Router Overview
To prepare a site for router installation:
- Verify that environmental factors such as temperature and humidity do not exceed router tolerances. See MX104 Router Environmental Specifications.
- Verify that the site and installation plan meets all safety guidelines and requirements. See General Safety Guidelines for Juniper Networks Devices.
- Measure distance between external power sources and the router installation site. See:
- Locate sites for connection of system grounding. See MX104 Chassis Grounding Cable and Lug Specifications.
- Calculate the power consumption and requirements. See:
- Verify that the plan for power installation meets all electrical safety guidelines. See:
- Verify that your rack or cabinet meets the minimum requirements for the installation of the router. See:
- Plan the location of the rack, including required space for airflow and maintenance. See Clearance Requirements for Airflow and Hardware Maintenance on MX104 Routers.
- Plan to secure the rack to the floor and building structure. See Rack Requirements for MX104 Routers.
- Acquire cables and connectors:
Determine the number of cables needed based on your planned configuration.
Review the maximum distance allowed for each cable. Choose the length of cable based on the distance between the hardware components being connected.
See the MX Series Interface Module Reference.
- Plan the cable routing and management. See Maintaining Cables That Connect to MX104 Network Ports.