Installing the MX104
The router can be installed horizontally in a rack or cabinet.
To install the router in the rack (see Figure 1):
Before front mounting the router in a rack, have a qualified technician verify that the rack is strong enough to support the router's weight and is adequately supported at the installation site.
One person must be available to lift the router while another secures it to the rack.
If you are mounting multiple units on a rack, mount the heaviest unit at the bottom of the rack and mount the other units from the bottom of the rack to the top in decreasing order of the weight of the units.
- Ensure that the rack is in its permanent location and is secured to the building. Ensure that the installation site allows adequate clearance for both airflow and maintenance.
- Position the router in front of the rack or cabinet.
- Hold onto the bottom of the chassis and carefully lift
it so that the mounting brackets contact the rack rails.
To prevent injury, keep your back straight and lift with your legs, not your back. Avoid twisting your body as you lift. Balance the load evenly and be sure that your footing is solid.
- Align the mounting brackets with the holes in the rack rails.
- Install a mounting screw into each of the open mounting holes aligned with the rack, starting from the bottom.
- Visually inspect the alignment of the router. If the router is installed properly in the rack, all the mounting screws on one side of the rack should be aligned with the mounting screws on the opposite side and the router should be level.