Removing a JCS 1200 Power Box
Figure 1 shows how to remove and install a power box.
Figure 1: Removing and Installing a JCS 1200 Power Box
To remove a power box (see Figure 1):
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Power off any Routing Engines in the JCS 1200 platform (Powering Off a JCS 1200 Routing Engine).
- Disconnect the power from the JCS 1200 platform (see Disconnecting Power from the JCS1200 Platform ).
- Remove the fan shuttle from the JCS 1200 platform (see Removing a JCS 1200 Fan Shuttle).
- Remove the five Phillips-head screws that attach the power box to the chassis.
- Loosen the two captive thumbscrews on the power
box by turning them counter-clockwise approximately eight turns (see Figure 2 and Figure 3).
Figure 2: Loosening Thumbscrews on the Upper Power Box
Figure 3: Loosening Thumbscrews on the Lower Power Box
- Slide the power box away from the JCS 1200 platform.
- If you are instructed to return the power box, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.