Packing the JCS 1200 Platform for Shipment
To pack the platform for shipment, follow this procedure:
- Retrieve the shipping crate and packing materials in which the platform was originally shipped. If you do not have these materials, contact your Juniper Networks representative about approved packaging materials.
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Shut down power to the JCS 1200 platform by pressing the power switch for all power supplies to the off (O) position.
- Disconnect power from the JCS 1200 platform.
- Remove the cables that connect to all external devices. See the removal procedure for each component.
- Remove all field replaceable units (FRUs) from the JCS 1200 platform.
- Remove the JCS 1200 platform from the rack:
- If you are using a mechanical lift, place the lift platform under the JCS 1200 platform, unscrew and remove the mounting screws from the rack, and move the JCS 1200 platform to the shipping crate.
- If you are not using a mechanical lift and the JCS 1200 platform weight is fully supported by a shelf or another JCS 1200 platform, unscrew and remove the mounting screws from the rack. Three people can then lift the JCS 1200 platform and move it to the shipping crate.
- If you are not using a mechanical lift and the platform weight is not fully supported by a shelf or another platform, four people should grasp the platform while a fifth person unscrews and removes the mounting screws from the rack. The four lifters can then move the platform to the shipping crate.
- Place the JCS 1200 platform in the shipping crate or onto the pallet. If on a pallet, bolt the JCS 1200 platform to the pallet.
- Cover the JCS 1200 platform with an ESD bag and place the packing foam on top of and around the platform.
- Replace the accessory box on top of the packing foam.
- Securely tape the box closed or place the crate cover over the JCS 1200 platform.
- Write the RMA number on the exterior of the box to ensure proper tracking.