Removing Components from the JCS 1200 Platform
Before lifting the JCS 1200 platform, you must remove the following components:
- Fan modules
- Fan shuttle
- Management modules
- Media trays
- Power modules
- Routing Engines
- Switch modules
Note: For detailed instructions on removing JCS 1200 components, see the removal procedures for each component.
To remove the components from the JCS 1200 platform:
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Slide each component out of the chassis evenly so that it does not become stuck or damaged.
- Label each component as you remove it so you can reinstall it in the correct location.
- Immediately store each removed component in an electrostatic bag.
- Do not stack removed components. Lay each one on a flat surface.