Removing a JCS 1200 Fan Shuttle
Figure 1 shows how to remove and install a fan shuttle.
Figure 1: Removing and Installing a JCS 1200 Fan Shuttle
To remove the fan shuttle (see Figure 1):
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Power off any Routing Engines in the JCS 1200 platform (see Powering Off a JCS 1200 Routing Engine).
- If the JCS 1200 platform is connected to a power source, disconnect the power from the JCS 1200 platform and remove the power cables.
- Disconnect the cables from the modules in the rear of JCS 1200 platform.
- Remove any of the following modules that are installed
in the rear of the JCS 1200 platform:
- Fan modules (see Removing a JCS 1200 Fan Module).
- Network clock fillers (see Removing a JCS 1200 Network Clock Filler).
- MUX cards (see Removing a JCS 1200 MUX Card).
- Alarm panel module (see Removing a JCS 1200 Alarm Panel Module or Module Filler).
- Loosen the four captive thumb screws on the fan shuttle.
- Loosen the captive thumbscrews on the release handles,
and pull the handles to the open position. The fan shuttle moves out
of the JCS 1200 chassis approximately 0.5 in. (1.3 cm).
Caution: Use your hands to hold the frame of the fan shuttle where the fan module bays are located. Do not use the release handles to hold the fan shuttle.
- While you support the fan shuttle with your hands, pull the fan shuttle out of the JCS 1200 chassis.