Removing a JCS 1200 DC Terminal Cover
Figure 1 shows how to remove and install a DC terminal cover.
Figure 1: Removing and Installing a JCS 1200 DC Terminal Cover
To remove a DC terminal cover from a JCS 1200 DC platform (see Figure 1):
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Power off each Routing Engine (see Powering Off a JCS 1200 Routing Engine).
- Turn off the power source.
Note: After you disconnect the JCS 1200 platform from power, wait at least 5 seconds before you connect the JCS 1200 platform to power again.
- Remove the two Phillips-head screws that attach the terminal cover to the DC power box.
- Pull the terminal cover away from the JCS 1200 platform.