Installing the MX2020 Router Using a Router Transport Kit
Because of the router's size and weight—up to 1,515 lb (687.19 kg) depending on the configuration—you must use either a pallet jack or router transport kit to install the router.
You can purchase a router transport kit from Juniper Networks.
Four persons are needed to install the router into a rack.
Before front mounting the router in a rack, have a qualified technician verify that the rack is strong enough to support the router's weight and is adequately supported at the installation site.
To install the MX2020 using a router transport kit:
- Install the winch strap plate to the rear of the router using the four captive screws, and tighten (see Figure 1).
- Using a four person team, transport the router to the
rack installation location and center it in front of the mounting
shelf. See MX2020 Moving Requirements and Guidelines Using a Router Transport Kit.
A minimum of 38 in. (96.5 cm) of clearance is required to roll the chassis sideways.
A minimum of 42 in. (106.7 cm) of circular space is required to rotate the chassis.
The router transport kit handles can be removed to accommodate aisle width.
- Install the winch mount bracket to the rear rack rails using the captive screws, and tighten (see Figure 2).
- Adjust the height of the router by turning the handles
clockwise until the router transport platform is aligned with the
surface of the mounting shelf and slightly higher than the mounting
shelf (see Figure 3).
Make sure the bubbles within the T-shaped levels are between the lines, indicating the router is level.
- Adjust the four leveling mounts on the router transport platform until all four leveling mounts rest firmly on the ground (see Figure 3).
- Unlock the four toggle latches that secure the router transport platform to the router transport mounting plates and wheel assembly.
- Lift the wheels up by turning the handles counterclockwise so that the weight of the router is on the router transport platform.
- Using a number 3 Phillips screwdriver, loosen the captive screws that secure the router transport mounting plate and wheel assembly to the chassis, and set them aside (see Figure 4).
- Attach the winch strap to the winch strap plate at the rear of the router (see Figure 5).
- Attach a 1-1/8 in. (28.57 mm) socket drive wrench
to the winch mechanism and turn clockwise to start pulling the chassis
into the rack onto the mounting shelf until the front-mounting flanges
contact the rack rails. Ensure that the holes in the front-mounting
flanges of the chassis align with the holes in the rack rails (see Figure 6).
A four-person team is needed to carefully guide the router into the rack while operating the winch.
If the router isn’t pulled all the way into the rack by the winch mechanism, grasp the handles on the shipping covers and carefully slide the router onto the mounting shelf until the front-mounting flanges contact the rack rails. You must remove the winch bracket to perform this procedure.
There must be a minimum of 45-U of usable rack space when installing the MX2020 into a 45-U rack.
- Remove the router transport platform, and set the platform aside.
- Remove the winch mount and winch strap plate, and set them aside.
- Insert sixteen mounting screws (eight on each side) into the mounting holes to secure the router to the rack.
- Visually inspect the alignment of the router. To verify that the router is installed properly in the rack, see that all the mounting screws on one side of the rack are aligned with the mounting screws on the opposite side and the router is level.
- Reassemble the router transport kit, and set aside.