Installing an MX2010 AC Power Supply Module
Before you install a PSM, be aware of the following:
The AC PSM is hot-swappable when a minimum number of PSMs installed and operational.
The AC PSMs have no circuit breakers that can physically disconnect AC line from the router. After AC feeds have been connected to the PDM, the AC voltage is always present on the power midplane and is distributed to the PSM connectors on the power midplane.
To maintain proper cooling and prevent thermal shutdown of the operating PSM, each PSM slot must contain either a PSM or a blank panel. If you remove a PSM, you must install a replacement PSM or a blank panel shortly after the removal.
After powering on a PSM, wait at least 60 seconds before turning it back off.
To install an AC PSM (see Figure 1):
- With one PSM installed and operational, install an additional
PSM with the power supply switch in the off (
O) or in the on (
If there is only one PSM installed and operational, the power supply switch must be placed in the off (
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- While grasping the handle on the PSM faceplate with one hand, use your other hand to guide the power supply module into the chassis.
- Tighten the captive screws on the PSM faceplate.
- Turn on the power switch to the on (
- Verify that the
PWR OKLED is lit steadily green.