Installing the Front Panel on a QFX10000
The front panel is required on the QFX10008 and QFX10016 to protect fiber optic cabling and to provide additional protection from electromagnetic interference (EMI). The front panel can be installed with or without the optional cable management system.
Ensure you have the following tools and parts before you begin:
A Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2
Front panel (provided with the switch chassis)
Right base bracket (provided)
Left base bracket (provided)
2 interchangeable latch brackets (provided)
8 Phillips flat-head mounting screws (provided)
To install the front panel:
- Remove the plastic bag that is taped to the front panel, which holds the brackets and screws.
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to attach two mounting screws
to the left base bracket at the bottom left side of the chassis frame.
The base brackets are larger than the latch brackets.
The right and left base bracket cannot be interchanged (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: Front Panel Mounting Hardware1—Latch brackets3—Left base bracket2—Right base bracket
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to attach two mounting screws to the right base bracket at the bottom right side of the chassis frame.
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to attach two mounting screws to the latch bracket at the top left of the chassis frame (see Figure 2 for QFX10008 and for QFX10016 installations).
- Use the final two mounting screws to attach a latch bracket to the top right of the chassis frame so there are brackets on all four corners of the front of the chassis.
- Lift the front panel and rest it on the two bottom brackets.
- Slide the panel back on the bracket glides until it engages on the two ramps.
- Tilt the panel towards the chassis until it is vertical with the chassis. The blue release buttons on the side of the panel click into place (see Figure 4 for QFX10008 and Figure 5 for QFX10016).