Removing the T320 Front Fan Trays
The upper front fan tray is located above the FPC card cage, and the lower front fan tray is located below the air filter. Each fan tray weighs about 13.3 lb (6.0 kg).
To remove the front fan trays (see Figure 1):
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis. For more information about ESD, see Preventing Electrostatic Discharge Damage to an M Series, MX Series, or T Series Router.
- Loosen the captive screws on the corners of the faceplate of one of the fan trays.
- Grasp the handles and pull the fan tray halfway out of the chassis.
- Place one hand under the fan tray to support it and pull the fan tray completely out of the chassis.
- Repeat the procedure to remove the remaining front fan tray.
Figure 1: Remove a Front Fan Tray