Unpacking an EX4300 Switch
EX4300 switches are shipped in a cardboard carton, secured with foam packing material. The carton has an accessory compartment.
EX4300 switches are maximally protected inside the shipping carton. Do not unpack the switches until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack the switch:
- Move the shipping carton to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, but where you have enough room to remove the system components.
- Position the carton so that the arrows are pointing up.
- Open the top flaps on the shipping carton.
- Pull out the packing material holding the switch in place.
- Verify the parts received against the inventory on the label attached to the carton. See Parts Inventory (Packing List) for an EX4300 Switch.
- Save the shipping carton and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the switch later.