Unpacking an EX-series Switch
The EX-series switch is shipped in a cardboard carton and is secured with foam packing material. The carton also contains an accessory box.
Note: The EX-series switch is maximally protected inside the shipping carton. Do not unpack it until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack the switch (see Figure 1):
- Move the shipping carton to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, but where you have enough room to remove the system components.
- Position the carton so that the arrows are pointing up.
- Open the top flaps on the shipping carton.
- Remove the accessory box and verify the contents against the parts inventory on the label attached to the carton.
- Pull out the packing material holding the switch in place.
- Verify the chassis components received against the packing list included with the switch. An inventory of parts provided with an EX-series switch is provided in Table 1.
- Save the shipping carton and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the switch later.
Figure 1: Unpacking an EX-series Switch
Table 1: Inventory of Components Provided with an EX-series Switch