Mounting an EX 3200 or EX 4200 Switch on a Wall
You can mount an EX 3200 or EX 4200 switch on a wall by using separately orderable wall mount brackets.
Before mounting an EX 3200 or EX 4200 switch on a wall:
- Verify that the site meets the requirements described in Site Preparation Checklist for EX 3200 and EX 4200 Switches.
- Read General Safety Guidelines and Warnings for EX-series Switches, with particular attention to Chassis Lifting Guidelines for EX 3200 and EX 4200 Switches.
- Remove the switch from the shipping carton (see Unpacking an EX-series Switch).
- Ensure you have the following tools and parts available:
- Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2
- 2 wall-mount brackets
- 12 wall-mount bracket screws
- 4 mounting screws (8-32 x 1.25 inch or M4 x 30 mm) (not included)
- Dust covers for ports (for EX 4200-24F switches only; optional)
- Hollow wall anchors capable of supporting the combined weight of two fully-loaded switches, up to 44 lb (20 kg) (not included)—if you are mounting the switch in sheetrock (wall board with a gypsum plaster core) or in wall board not backed by wall studs
- Verify that there is appropriate clearance in your selected location (see Clearance Requirements for Airflow and Hardware Maintenance for EX 3200 and EX 4200 Switches).
Warning: When mounted in a vertical position, an EX 3200 or EX 4200 chassis must be oriented with the front panel of the chassis pointing down in order to ensure proper air flow and meet safety requirements in the event of a fire.
Note: For easier lifting, install any additional power supplies only after you mount the switch on the wall.
To mount the EX-series switch on a wall:
- Attach the wall-mount brackets to the sides
of the chassis using four of the wall-mount bracket screws on each
side, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Attaching Wall-Mount Brackets to the EX-series Switch Chassis
- If you are mounting two switches together, line the second switch on top of the first and attach it to the mounting brackets using two wall-mount bracket screws on each side (see Figure 2).
- Insert the mounting screws in the wall. Insert
the top pair of mounting screws 474.35 mm apart, and insert the
second pair of mounting screws 151.81 mm directly below the first
If the mounting screws are inserted in wall board with no stud behind it, you must use dry wall anchors rated to support 75 lb (34 kg). Insert the screws into wall studs wherever possible to provide added support for the chassis.
Screw only part way in, leaving about 1/4 inch (6 mm) distance between the head of the screw and the wall.
- Grasp each side of the switch or switches, lift
the switch or switches, and hang the brackets from the mounting screws
as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Mounting the EX-series Switch on the Wall
- Tighten the mounting screws.
- If it is an EX 4200-24F switch, we recommend you insert dust covers in unused SFP ports.