Mounting an EX-series Switch on a Desk or Other Level Surface
You can mount an EX-series switch on a desk or other level surface by using the 4 rubber feet that are shipped with the switch. The rubber feet stabilize the chassis.
Before mounting an EX-series switch on a desk or other level surface:
- Verify that the site meets the requirements described in Site Preparation Checklist for EX-series Switches.
- Place the desk in its permanent location, allowing adequate clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure it to the building structure.
- Read General Safety Guidelines and Warnings, with particular attention to Chassis Lifting Guidelines.
- Remove the switch from the shipping carton (see Unpacking an EX-series Switch).
- Ensure you have the following tools and parts available
to mount an EX-series switch on a desk or other level surface:
- Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2
- Rubber feet to stabilize the chassis on the a desk or other level surface
- Dust covers for ports (for EX 4200-24F switches only; optional)
To mount the EX-series switch on a desk or other level surface:
- Turn the chassis upside down on the desk or the level surface where you intend to mount the switch.
- Attach the rubber feet to the bottom of the chassis, as shown in Figure 1.
- Turn the chassis right side up on the desk or the level surface.
- If it is an EX 4200-24F switch, we recommend you insert dust covers in unused SFP ports.
Figure 1: Attaching Rubber Feet to the EX-series Switch Chassis