Installing an MX960 DPC
A DPC weighs up to 14.5 lb (6.6 kg). Be prepared to accept its full weight.
To install a DPC (see Figure 1):
- Wrap and fasten one end of the ESD grounding strap around your bare wrist, and connect the other end of the strap to an ESD point.
- Place the DPC on an antistatic mat, or remove it from its electrostatic bag.
- Identify the slot on the router where it will be installed.
- Verify that each fiber-optic transceiver is covered with a rubber safety cap. If it does not, cover the transceiver with a safety cap.
- Orient the DPC so that the faceplate faces youvertically.
- Lift the DPC into place, and carefully align the sides of the DPC with the guides inside the card cage.
- Slide the DPC all the way into the card cage until you feel resistance.
- Grasp both ejector handles, and rotate them clockwise simultaneously until the DPC is fully seated.
- Remove the rubber safety cap from each fiber-optic transceiver
Do not look directly into a fiber-optic transceiver or into the ends of fiber-optic cables. Fiber-optic transceivers and fiber-optic cables connected to a transceiver emit laser light that can damage your eyes.
- Insert the cables into the cable connector ports on each DPC (see Figure 2).
- Arrange the cable in the standard or extended cable manager to prevent
it from dislodging or developing stress points. Secure the cable so
that it is not supporting its own weight as it hangs to the floor.
Place excess cable out of the way in a neatly coiled loop. Placing fasteners on the loop helps to maintain its shape.
Do not let fiber-optic cables hang free from the connector. Do not allow the fastened loops of a cable to dangle, which stresses the cable at the fastening point.
Avoid bending a fiber-optic cable beyond its minimum bend radius. An arc smaller than a few inches in diameter can damage the cable and cause problems that are difficult to diagnose.
- Use one of the following methods to bring the DPC online:
Press and hold the corresponding DPC online button on the craft interface until the green
OKLED next to the button lights steadily, in about 5 seconds.
Issue the following CLI command:
user@host>request chassis fpc slot slot-number online
For more information about the command, see the CLI Explorer.
OKLED turns green, wait at least 30 seconds before removing the DPC again, removing a DPC from a different slot, or inserting a DPC in a different slot.
You can also verify that the DPC is functioning correctly by
show chassis fpc and show chassis fpc pic-status commands.