Holding an MX960 DPC
When carrying a DPC, you can hold it either vertically or horizontally.
A DPC weighs 14.5 lb (6.6 kg). Be prepared to accept the full weight of the DPC as you lift it.
To hold a DPC vertically:
- Orient the DPC so that the faceplate faces you. To verify orientation, confirm that the text on the DPC is right-side up and the electromagnetic interference (EMI) strip is on the right-hand side.
- Place one hand around the DPC faceplate about a quarter of the way down from the top edge. To avoid deforming the EMI shielding strip, do not press hard on it.
- Place your other hand at the bottom edge of the DPC.
If the DPC is horizontal before you grasp it, place your left hand around the faceplate and your right hand along the bottom edge.
To hold a DPC horizontally:
- Orient the DPC so that the faceplate faces you.
- Grasp the top edge with your left hand and the bottom edge with your right hand.
You can rest the faceplate of the DPC against your body as you carry it.
As you carry the DPC, do not bump it against anything. DPC components are fragile.
Never hold or grasp the DPC anywhere except places that this document indicates. In particular, never grasp the connector edge, especially at the power connector in the corner where the connector and bottom edges meet. See Figure 1.
Never carry the DPC by the faceplate with only one hand.
Do not rest any edge of a DPC directly against a hard surface (see Figure 2).
Do not stack DPCs.
If you must rest the DPC temporarily on an edge while changing its orientation between vertical and horizontal, use your hand as a cushion between the edge and the surface.