Installing the MX960 Craft Interface
To install the craft interface (see Figure 1):
- Wrap and fasten one end of the ESD grounding strap around your bare wrist, and connect the other end of the strap to an ESD point.
- Grasp the craft interface with one hand, and hold the bottom edge of the craft interface with the other hand to support its weight.
- Orient the ribbon cable so that it plugs into the connector socket. The connector is keyed and can be inserted only one way.
- Align the bottom of the craft interface with the sheet metal above the card cage and press it into place.
- Tighten the screws on the left and right corners of the craft interface faceplate.
- Reattach any external devices connected to the craft interface.