Connecting the Alarm Relay Wires to the MX960 Craft Interface
To connect the alarm relay wires between a router and an alarm-reporting device (see Figure 1):
- Prepare the required length of replacement wire with gauge between 28-AWG and 14-AWG (0.08 and 2.08 mm2).
- Insert the replacement wires into the slots in the front of the block. Use a 2.5-mm flat-blade screwdriver to tighten the screws and secure the wire.
- Wrap and fasten one end of the ESD grounding strap around your bare wrist, and connect the other end of the strap to an ESD point.
- Plug the terminal block into the relay contact, and use a 2.5-mm flat-blade screwdriver to tighten the screws on the face of the block.
- Attach the other end of the wires to the external device.