Removing a Management Board from a QFX3500 Device
QFX3500 devices have a single field-replaceable unit (FRU) management board on the front panel.
You must power off the QFX3500 device before replacing the management board. If the QFX3500 is operating as a Node device in a QFabric system, ensure that traffic is diverted in an orderly shutdown by using the shutdown procedure in Adding or Replacing a Node Device in a QFabric Node Group .
Before you remove a management board from a QFX3500 device, ensure that you have taken the necessary precautions to prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage (see Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage).
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to remove a management board from a QFX3500 device:
ESD grounding strap
Antistatic bag or an antistatic mat
To remove a management board from a QFX3500 device (see Figure 1):
- Place the antistatic bag or the antistatic mat on a flat, stable surface.
- Ensure that the QFX3500 device is powered off. See Powering Off a QFX3500 Device or Adding or Replacing a Node Device in a QFabric Node Group in QFabric systems.
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and to a site ESD point.
- Slide the locking lever toward the handle until it stops.
To avoid injury, do not touch the fan with your hands or any tools as you slide the management board out of the chassis—the fan might still be running.
- Grasp the management board handle and pull firmly to slide the management board halfway out of the chassis.
- When the fans stop spinning, slide the management board completely out of the chassis.
- Place the management board in the antistatic bag or on the antistatic mat placed on a flat, stable surface.