Connecting the Alarm Relay Wires to the MX2020 Craft Interface
To connect the alarm relay wires between a router and an alarm-reporting device (see Figure 1):
- Prepare the required length of replacement wire with gauge between 28 AWG and 14 AWG (0.08 and 2.08 mm2).
- Insert the replacement wires into the slots in the front of the block (see Table 1). Use a 2.5 mm flat-blade screwdriver to tighten the screws and secure the wire.
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Plug the terminal block into the relay contact, and use a 2.5 mm flat-blade screwdriver to tighten the screws on the face of the block.
- Attach the other end of the wires to the external device.
Table 1: Connecting Alarm Relay Contacts
The alarm relays consist of three terminal contacts with a normal closed (NC), common (C), and normal open (NO) relays that signal a minor or major alarm when broken.