Installing a Side Air Filter in a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device
The QFX3008-I Interconnect device has eight side air filters located in each of eight side fan tray modules. A tab on the air filter facilitates the removal and installation of the air filter.
Do not run the device for more than 2 minutes without the air filter in place.
Always keep the air filter in place while the device is operating, except during replacement. Because the fans are very powerful, they could pull small bits of wire or other materials into the device through the unfiltered air intake. This could damage device components.
Before you remove an air filter, ensure that you understand how to prevent ESD damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to remove a bottom air filter from a QFX3008-I Interconnect device:
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Align the filter with the fan tray module so that it slides into the chassis at a slant.
- Slide the air filter all the way into the slot.
- Hold the handle and the screw of the cover panel and align the cover panel at a slight angle to attach the handle end to the slot.
- Push the screw end of the cover panel into the chassis.
- Tighten the captive screw on the cover panel using your fingers.