Mount an ACX710 Router in a Rack
You can mount an ACX710 router on a rack using the mounting kit provided with the device.
Before You Begin Rack Installation
Before you begin mounting an ACX710 router in the rack:
- Ensure that you understand how to prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
- Verify that the site meets the requirements described in Site Preparation Checklist for ACX710 Routers.
- Place the rack in its permanent location, allowing adequate clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure it to the building structure.
- Read General Site Guidelines, with particular attention to Chassis and Component Lifting Guidelines.
- Remove the router from the shipping carton. See Unpack an ACX710 Router.
- Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available
to mount the router in a rack:
ESD grounding strap (not provided)
One pair of front-mounting brackets (provided)
Eight Screws to secure the mounting brackets to the chassis (provided)
Four Screws to secure the mounting brackets to the rack (not provided)
Number 2 Phillips (+) screwdriver (not provided)
Two power cords with plugs appropriate for your geographical location (provided)
RJ-45 cable and RJ-45 to DB-9 serial port adapter (not provided)
Management host, such as a PC laptop, with a serial port (not provided)
If you are mounting multiple units on a rack, mount the heaviest unit at the bottom of the rack and mount the other units from the bottom of the rack to the top in decreasing order of the weight of the units.
Install an ACX710 Router in a Rack
To install the router in a four-post rack:
- Position the router in front of the rack.
- Wrap and fasten one end of the ESD grounding strap around your bare wrist, and connect the other end of the strap to a site ESD point.
- Align the holes in the front-mounting brackets with the holes on the side of the chassis (see Figure 1).
- Using a Phillips (+) number 2 screwdriver, secure the mounting brackets to the chassis using the mounting screws.
- With one person on each side, hold on to the bottom of the chassis, and carefully lift the chassis so that the mounting brackets are aligned with the rack rails.
- Carefully slide the chassis with the brackets attached on to the rack rails (see Figure 2).
- Install mounting screws into each of the front-mounting bracket holes aligned with the rack, starting from the bottom, and tighten the screws.
- Align the holes in the cable bar with the holes at the top of the mounting bracket, and tighten the screws to attach the cable bar.
- Visually inspect the alignment of the chassis.
If you’ve installed the chassis properly in the rack, all the mounting screws on one side of the rack are aligned with the mounting screws on the opposite side, and the router is level. Figure 4 shows the router fully secured and installed in a four-post rack.