Removing an ACX5000 Router from a Rack or Cabinet
If you need to relocate an installed ACX5000 router, use the procedure described in this topic.
When you remove multiple devices from a rack, remove the device in the top of the rack first and proceed to remove the rest of the devices from top to bottom.
Before removing an ACX5000 router from a rack:
Ensure that the rack is stable and secured to the building.
Ensure that there is enough space to place the removed ACX5000 router in its new location and along the path to the new location.
Use the appropriate power off sequence to safely powered off the device. See Powering Off an ACX5000 Router.
Disconnect the power cords.
Ensure that you have disconnected any cables or wires attached to the ACX5000 router ports.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
A Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2 or number 3, depending on the size of your rack mounting screws, for mounting the ACX5000 router on the rack.
To remove an ACX5000 router from a rack or cabinet:
- Have one person support the weight of the router while another person uses the screwdriver to remove the front mounting screws that attach the chassis mounting brackets to the rack or cabinet.
- Remove the router from the rack or cabinet.
- Use the screwdriver to remove the mounting screws that attach the mounting blades attached to the rear of the rack or cabinet.
- Place the removed screws and mounting blades in a labeled bag. You will need them when you reinstall the chassis.
- Transport the router to your desired new location.