Site Preparation Checklist for ACX4000 Routers
To prepare a site for router installation:
- Verify that environmental factors such as temperature and humidity do not exceed router tolerances. See ACX4000 Router Environmental Specifications.
- Verify that the site and installation plan meets all safety guidelines and requirements. See General Safety Guidelines and Warnings.
- Measure distance between external power sources and the router installation site. See ACX4000 AC Power Cord Specifications.
- Locate sites for connection of system grounding. See ACX4000 Router Grounding Specifications.
- Calculate the power consumption and requirements. See:
- Verify that the plan for power installation meets all
electrical safety guidelines. See:
- Verify that your rack meets the minimum requirements for the installation of the router. See Rack Requirements for ACX4000 Routers.
- Plan the location of the rack, including required space for airflow and maintenance. See Clearance Requirements for Airflow and Hardware Maintenance on ACX4000 Routers.
- Plan to secure the rack to the floor and building structure. See Rack Requirements for ACX4000 Routers.
- Acquire cables and connectors:
Determine the number of cables needed based on your planned configuration.
Review the maximum distance allowed for each cable. Choose the length of cable based on the distance between the hardware components being connected.
- Plan the cable routing and management. See Maintaining Cables That Connect to ACX4000 Network Ports.