Connecting AC Power to a QFX3100 Director Device
The power supply in a QFX3100 Director device is a hot-removable and hot-insertable field-replaceable unit (FRU) located on the far right side of the rear panel. You can remove and replace a single power supply without powering off the QFX3100 Director device or disrupting QFX3100 Director device functions.
Before you begin connecting AC power to a QFX3100 Director device:
Install the power supply in the chassis. See Installing a Power Supply in a QFX3100 Director Device (includes video).
Each power supply must be connected to a dedicated power source outlet to ensure power supply redundancy.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
A power cord appropriate for your geographical location
To connect AC power to a QFX3100 Director device (see Figure 1):
- Ensure that the power supplies are fully inserted in the QFX3100 Director device.
- Locate the power cords shipped with the QFX3100 Director
device; the cords have plugs appropriate for your geographical location.
See AC Power Cord Specifications for a QFX3100 Director Device.
Ensure that the power cord does not block access to QFX3100 Director device components or drape where people can trip on it.
- Insert the coupler end of the power cord into the AC power cord inlet on the AC power supply faceplate (see Figure 1).
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, set it to the OFF (O) position.
- Insert the power cord plug into an AC power source outlet.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, set it to the ON (|) position.
- Repeat these steps for the second AC power supply.
- Press the power switch on the rear panel of the QFX3100
Director device to power on the device.
Momentarily pressing the power switch causes the system to power on or causes a power event to the operating system, which causes a graceful shutdown. Pressing the power switch for 4 seconds or longer causes an abrupt power shutdown.
- Verify that the power LED on the power supply is lit and is on steadily.