Connecting AC Power to an NFX350 Device
The power supply in an NFX350 device is located on the rear panel.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
A power cord appropriate for your geographical location
A power cord retainer clip
NFX350 device gets additional grounding when you plug the power supply in the device into a grounded AC power outlet by using the AC power cord appropriate for your geographical location (see AC Power Cord Specifications for an NFX350 Device).
Input status LED
AC power cord retainer installed
Output status LED
To connect AC power to the device:
- Squeeze the two sides of the power cord retainer clip
and insert the L-shaped ends of the wire clip into the holes in the
bracket on each side of the AC power cord inlet on the rear panel.
The power cord retainer clip extends out of the device by 3 in.
- Locate the power cord or cords shipped with the device;
the cords have plugs appropriate for your geographical location. See AC Power Cord Specifications for an NFX350 Device.
Ensure that the power cord does not drape where people can trip on it or block access to device components.
- Insert the coupler end of the power cord into the AC power cord inlet on the rear panel.
- Push the power cord into the slot in the adjustment nut of the power cord retainer clip. Turn the nut until it is tight against the base of the coupler and the slot in the nut is turned 90° from the top of the device.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, set it to the OFF (0) position.
- Insert the power cord plug into an AC power source outlet.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, set it to the ON (|) position.
The retainer brackets on your device might be above and below the power inlet rather than on either side.